- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing Business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development Cooperation
- About Australia
- Australian High Commission News
- Media and Speeches
- Photo Gallery
- Travel advice
- Register with us
About the Australian High Commission in Kenya
Head of Mission
Australian High Commissioner to Kenya - Geoff Tooth
The Australian High Commission in Kenya is also accredited to Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, as well as the East African Community (EAC), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat). It is also a friend of the International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR).
To see the latest speeches by the High Commissioner, please click here.
Street address: Riverside Drive (400m off Chiromo Road), Nairobi
Postal address: P.O. Box 39341-00623, Nairobi, Kenya
Main High Commission Number: (254-20) 4277 100
Immigration and Visa Enquiries: (254-20) 4277 160
Main High Commission: (254-20) 4277 139
Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC): (254-20) 4277 189
Australian Consulate in Uganda
Honorary Consul - Patrick Bitature
Plot 15 Akiibua Road, Nakasero (opposite Nakasero Hospital)
Telephone: (+256) 31 2515 865
Facsimile: (+256) 41 344 149
Australian Consulate in Tanzania
Honorary Consul - Thierry Murcia
Physical Address: Plot No. 431, Mahando Street, Msasani Peninsular
Postal Address: P. O. Box 105589, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone: (+255) 22 260 2584
Facsimile: (+255) 22 260 1809
The High Commission is open from 7.45am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday except for public holidays (see below).
Entry into the Australian High Commission for visa, immigration and citizenship matters is by appointment only.
• Most applicants in Kenya now need to submit visa applications and provide biometrics at the Australian Visa Application Centre. Click here for further details.
To make an appointment, please call or email the Immigration Section.
For the remainder of 2013, the High Commission will be closed on:
- 21 October (Monday) Mashujaa Day (in lieu of Sunday 20 October)
- 12 December (Thursday) Jamhuri Day
- 23 December (Monday) Additional DFAT holiday
- 24 December (Tuesday) Additional DFAT holiday
- 25 December (Wednesday) Christmas Day
- 26 December (Thursday) Boxing Day
- 27 December (Friday) Additional DFAT holiday